In a letter, Derek Carr thanks the Las Vegas Raiders and their supporters.

 NFL quarterback Derek Carr wrote an emotional letter to the team's supporters to inform them of his decision to leave the Las Vegas Raiders after nine years with the organization.


"It makes me very sad." I was unable to bid you farewell in person," Carr wrote. In our nine years together, we have undoubtedly experienced many ups and downs. I sincerely appreciate and am grateful for the years of support you have given to my family and I. We had plenty of exciting game-winning drives and heartbreaking moments together, and I always felt like you were right there with me.


The quarterback had been a starter and a cornerstone for the team through both the good and the bad since being selected in 2014 by the organization that was then based in Oakland.



However, the quarterback was benched for the Raiders' final two games of the season, which they lost to the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs, after having a difficult season in which he threw his lowest career passing rating, lowest completion percentage since his rookie season, and a career-high number of interceptions.

The three-time Pro Bowler claimed in December 2021 that if he had to play for someone else, he would "probably quit football." I have always been a Raider. I'm going to support the Raiders for the rest of my life as my favorite team. I therefore have a strong conviction that things can be made right without a flawless scenario.


You understand what I'm saying when I say, "If I had to, I'd rather go down with the ship."


In his letter, Carr expressed his agreement with that assertion, stating, "I meant that, but I never imagined it ending this way.


"That desire to win a championship still burns fiercely inside of me. A fire that only God can put out.


Carr will leave with the majority of the quarterback club records in terms of passing yards and touchdown passes. Nevertheless, despite his professional success, he has only participated in one postseason game, a loss to the Cincinnati Bengals in the Wild Card stage last year.

Komentar

Postingan Populer